If you live outside our service area, need assistance finding an attorney, or have other general questions, we've provided a series of listings and links to point you in the right direction.
Other resources in our service area
- SDLawHelp.org Information and resources on many legal issues statewide.
- South Dakota Free Legal Answers
- State Bar of South Dakota provides a list of other available legal resources.
- South Dakota Lawyer Referral Services - a lawyer referral services for South Dakota.
- Department of Social Services Strengthening and supporting individuals and families by promoting cost effective and comprehensive services in connection with our partners that foster independent and healthy families.
- Department of Human Services Opportunities to enable older South Dakotans and adults who are disabled to live independent, meaningful, and dignified lives.
- Children's Inn Free services for women, children and men who are victims of family violence, elder abuse, child abuse, neglect or sexual assault.
- The Compass Center Crisis intervention, advocacy, counseling, and prevention education service to those impacted by domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking.
- Legal Services Corporation (LSC) Single largest funder of civil legal aid for low-income Americans in the nation.
- Dakota Plains Legal Services Legal representation, advocacy, conflict resolution, and community education options to met the legal needs of our Native American and non-Native clients of our community.
- Access to Justice
- South Dakota Unified Judicial System A project of the South Dakota Unified Judicial System to provide information for and guidance to pro se litigants. This site has individual webpages for protection order assistance, family law support, and information for veterans and active military personnel.
- Nativie American Rights Fund